Spread Summer Smiles
Spread a little joy this week by making a plan to share a few of your extra blooms – your plans don’t have to be big or complex. There are many fun and easy ideas to make customers’ day brighter:
• Take a day and simply offer a free bloom to everyone entering the store that day.
• In a high-traffic area, have a staff member offer free blooms to passers-by “just because.” Or, set out a small sign encouraging passing drivers to stop by for a free floral pick-me-up.
• Send customers on their birthday a note with birthday well wishes and a small offer to stop in for a free bloom. Just start with a single week, and if things go well this is a program that could be expanded and would be a nice personal touch throughout the year.
• Stop by area businesses with some fresh blooms for their lobby or reception areas. Any large employers are potential corporate accounts, with needs for staff recognitions, birthday gifts, sympathy flowers and other occasions.
• Make a surprise visit to a nearby senior center, community center, or local nonprofit. Deliver a free floral arrangement to brighten the location, or just bring a bunch of individual blooms to pass out to anyone there.
If you talk to your wholesaler ahead of time, they can help you get a great price on flowers for promotions such as these over the summer.