Become a floral expert. If you are struggling to find a floral design experience so you can learn to create beautiful floral designs...the flower classroom is your floral education destination.
I give you the hands on tools to achieve amazingly BEAUTIFUL floral designs.
I provide: quality content+quality flowers+quality design skills=floral artist.
Floral Classes by appointment
Floral Design classes by appointment
Consumer Bunch Floral Design Class
Learn to create a beautiful round design in water. We cover the principals and elements of design, color theory, the care and handling of flowers for longevity+ so much more! All in 2.5 hours of FLOWER FUN����
Everything is included, you bring the creative spirit, and a friend. And go home with an AMAZING floral design.
Class size: 2 students. $95 each
evenings 6:30-9pm begin April 6, 2020
Have a different topic you are interested in learning more about....Contact me for pricing and set your appointment.
I am looking forward to meeting you in the classroom and sharing my floral passion and knowledge with you!! I love to learn new things....Hope you do too!!
Thursday, October 15, 2015
Oasis Floral Foam
Show your design in Inspire Design Showcase
Spring always brings us joy. And you can share your spring floral enthusiasm now through Tuesday in the Inspire Design Showcase on our Facebook page. The first 25 entrants receive a free OASIS Floral Product. The designer of the most inspirational design will receive a $50 in products.
Smithers-Oasis North America Design Director Sharon McGukin, AIFD, AAF, PFCI, is a speaker and author known for her "edutaining" floral design tips and Southern charm. She has four decades of design experience, is past president of AIFD and lives in Carrollton, Georgia.
Which foam should I use? Audiences often ask which OASIS® Brand floral foam I prefer. My choice of foam depends on which type of design I am creating. Here are five tips I consider when choosing which type of foam to use.
1. Springtime Popular bulb flowers such as hyacinths, tulips and daffodils are often a favorite for spring arrangements but can be challenging to use in designs. Their soft and fibrous stems can be difficult to arrange in foam and can disintegrate in deep water. When designing these delicate and hollow-stemmed flowers, I like to use light density OASIS Springtime Floral Foam.
For added security, I often insert a short wood pick or toothpick into the stem of the flower. Then I insert the wood pick and flower stem into the foam making sure the stem connects to the water source. The wood pick will swell from the water and help hold tightly in the foam.
2. Standard This medium density foam is great for most stems. OASIS Standard Floral Foam is a good basic 'one size fits all' foam that provides an excellent water source for maximum flower life. This makes Standard foam a good choice for daily work in a flower shop or for floral enthusiasts to keep on hand for upcoming design projects.
In advance of my projects, I place blocks of foam in water to soak to ensure complete saturation. A word of caution: never press blocks of foam into or hold under the water. This can cause a dry spot in the center of the foam. Allow the foam to fully saturate by allowing it to soak into the water at its own rate.
3. Instant OASIS Instant Floral Foam is another medium density foam that is great for most stems, especially roses. The advantage of this foam comes from the tiny holes punched in the bricks that help it saturate quickly. Fully saturated foam is important to the life of a flower-and quick permeation is important for retailers, event designers and hobbyists with limited design time.
Place the side of the brick with holes directly onto the water and allow the foam to sink in by its weight. Remember to rehydrate all foams by adding water daily.
4. Deluxe I find that high-style design requires high density foam. The strong grip of OASIS Deluxe Floral Foam helps secure tall and top-heavy flowers while
providing a great water source for maximum flower freshness. Transporting large asymmetrical designs can be tricky-a good foundation like Deluxe Floral Foam is a must-have resource.
For sizeable designs, I like to reinforce my foams with a grid of waterproof tape or poultry wire. Be sure your container provides the flowers with a deep reservoir of water.
5. Instant Deluxe During my career, I have often designed large wedding arrangements or sizeable stage demonstration work. For these events, OASIS Instant Deluxe Floral Foam is my 'go to' foam. This high-density foam works best for thick-stemmed or top-heavy flowers and multiple insertions. Instant Deluxe saturates quickly and holds well for large, showy designs that must be elevated or transported.
In my opinion, Instant Deluxe is the workhorse in this line of floral foams. I recommend it for florists, event designers or pro-sumers working on big design projects where time and stability are crucial.
All five mean maximum flower life!
All five types of foam provide for maximum flower life as they are excellent sources of water and flower stability. Choose the density of foam most efficient for your needs based on type of flower stem, size of arrangement, necessary water saturation rate, and purpose of the design. Then enjoy your design process.
Oasisfloralproducts.com has the complete information you need, including sizes and colors, on every OASIS Floral product available. You can create a list and order where you prefer, including from the site. Just shop as you normally would, adding items to your cart. When you're ready to check out, transfer your cart to the participating distributor you select. The distributor will process your order, ship and bill you directly. It's that easy!
If you have questions, ideas or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-321-8286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.