9am to 5pm 1hour lunch
October 22 to November 3, 2012
• Introduction to design
• American Floral Trends Forecast
• Color terms and theory
• Processing and handling of fresh flowers
• Flower & Foliage identification
• Blooming and Green Plants for interiors
• Hands on design of basic forms of design
• Techniques in design
• Wedding Bouquets
• Flowers to wear
• Sympathy Tributes
• Every day designs
• Plan a Party
• Pricing of floral products
• Salesmanship with FLOWERS
• Handling Customer complaints
Each student will have materials provided to execute all designs. The classroom also has additional books, supplies and flowers for purchase. This allows students to practice additional designs at home.
We will cover the Principles, Elements & Techniques of Design
• Balance, Emphasis, Harmony, Proportion, Rhythm & Unity
• Color, Form, Line, Space & Texture
• Bailing, Banding, Binding, Bunching, Clustering, Detailing, Facing, Framing, Grouping, Hand Tying, Kubari, Lacing, Layering, Mirroring, Pave, Pillowing, Sequencing, Sheltering, Stacking, Terracing, Tufting, Veiling, Wrapping & Zoning.
The Flower Classroom provides a Notebook of Floral information, Color Wheel and a California Flower Selection guide.
Students should bring something for note taking and a hand held calculator.
Students should bring a design knife, sharp scissors and or pruners. The classroom has assorted tools available to use, new floral tools are available in the classroom to purchase. Any other tools necessary for the class will be available to use.
A certificate of completion of this class will be available with a passing grade on the final exam.
Christina Burton-Fox AIFD instructor
Fresh flowers and foliage’s and the containers will be provided for all the designs. These designs are yours to take with you at the end of each class day.
Flower selection will be seasonal. The classroom will have a wide selection of flowers to choose from for design execution. You will have permanent materials and all wire, tape, glue, etc. will be provided. Additional materials, fresh flowers & foliage’s can be purchased for continued practice outside of the classroom.
Styles of Design
• Circular Mass
• Formal Linear
70 hours classroom time
Registration & Class Materials for a 10-day class.
This amount is due in full to reserve your design table. Payment can be made with any major credit card or with Pay Pal.
Cancelation of your space in the class is allowed up to 14 days before class for a full refund. After that a credit will be applied for classes in the future.
FLOWERS are beautiful creations. The curiosity and enthusiasm for information about flowers is contagious. Enroll in the Flower Classroom for the most up to date information….when the ordinary won’t do…take yourself somewhere new!